On 21/03/2017 17:12, Uwe Ligges wrote:

On 19.03.2017 23:50, Christophe Genolini wrote:
Hi all,

I try to compile my package kml and I get the message

[That will not be 'compiling': it may be from R CMD check, e.g. from wuth --as-cran in R-devel.]

Warning in read_symbols_from_dll(so,rarch):
this requires 'objdump.exe' to be on the PATH

I check 'Writing R Extensions' but I did not find any reference to this
error. Does someone know how to fix that?

Yes: Put objdump.exe on the PATH, that executable is part of gcc and in
its bin directoy.

Not quite: it is part of GNU Bintools, hence bundled with gcc in Rtools. So is 'nm', which may appear in a similar message (and on Windows means 'nm.exe').

--
Brian D. Ripley,                  rip...@stats.ox.ac.uk