On 03/01/2018 6:11 PM, Uwe Ligges wrote:

On 26.12.2017 00:45, Juan Telleria wrote:
However, and hope not to be off-topic, a git repository (github, gitlab,
codeplex, etc., not just solely github) could constitute a tidy approach,
and make things easier to R Core :)

By putting the focus on version control, the line of changes made with each
commit (With the possibility to reverse changes), and not verbose e-mails.

That works well with svn, and we have the sequential labels which are
e.g. important for bisecting changes.
I do not see how I can find this out with git easily.

I think git supports bisection, but I don't see how switching to git would make anything easier for R Core. Perhaps Juan can tell us which R Core tasks would be easier in git.

Duncan Murdoch