On 24/01/2018 7:29 PM, Gábor Csárdi wrote:
On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 12:24 AM, Duncan Murdoch
<murdoch.dun...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
Thanks, those instructions appear to have worked.

For comparison purposes, the equivalent steps in svn would be

svn diff -r PREV:HEAD --internal-diff > patchfile

and then the patchfile could be sent to the maintainer.

If you just want the diff corresponding to the last commit,

git show

will print it for you. Or

git show keepclass

for a specific branch.

But that's only half the battle. If I did that and emailed the diff to a maintainer, I'm guessing I'd be told I should put together a PR instead. And as I found out, that's not easy, if I already have a fork of the repository that contains changes and I don't want to blow it away.

Duncan Murdoch