On 06/07/2018 04:32, Jonathon Love wrote:
Hi,

I notice that the CRAN binary for the macOS version of RProtoBuf is built against quite an old version of protocol buffers (from 2014, before v3 format support was added).

the windows version is (blessedly) kept up-to-date, but I'd like to float the suggestion that the macOS version get an update too.

If you mean the CRAN macOS binary package for RProtoBuf, why did you post here? R-sig-Mac would have been more appropriate, but the CRAN policies tell you how to report issues/wishes for binary packages. Only one person can help you with that, and it is most effective to contact him directly.

RProtoBuf does not compile on macOS against the current/latest version 3.6.0 of protobuf (sic), and I have reported to the maintainer. It did compile against 3.5.1, and you could compile from sources yourself.

--
Brian D. Ripley,                  rip...@stats.ox.ac.uk