Jeroen,

This is great! It is definitely a good basis to build on.

However, I wonder why your macOS setup is so extremely stripped down (not even
Cairo, tcltk nor X11 - and not TeX, either) and as far from what we actually
use as possible (using gcc instead of clang, openblas etc.).

How do you plan to go about managing the build flavors? I think it would be
great if there was a process whereby the builds could be updated so they are
more realistic and thus more helpful, but since the repo is completely
anonymous, it's unclear how one would go about that nor how it would be
governed (and where to put documentation). For obvious reasons the Windows one
is the only complete one, but given the requests for Homebrew-based package
testing (independent of CRAN) it would be useful to publish the artefacts as
well so that they could be used by GH action workflows for packages. Cleary we
could just fork it, but I guess it would make more sense if this was a
coordinated effort.

Cheers,
Simon