Hi Aidan, I think you are on the right email list.
I'm not R-core, but this looks like an interesting/meaningful/significant
contribution to base R.
I'm not sure what the original dendrapply looks like in terms of code style
(variable names/white space formatting/etc) but in my experience it is
important that your code contribution makes minimal changes in that area.
Did you hear about the R project sprint 2023?
https://contributor.r-project.org/r-project-sprint-2023/ Your work falls
into the "new developments" category so I think you could apply for that
funding to participate.
Toby