In data luned� 13 marzo 2023 16:53:56 CET, Ezra Tucker ha scritto:
> R is the only language I know of that has multiple different object
> oriented systems, and that makes it a big barrier to entry for people
> learning the language, and I think the language as a whole would benefit
> greatly from having a single standard.

R is more than just a "language," it is well known. It is an environment, an
ecosystem of
packages, many standards and much code written for decades in different
programming
languages that can survive and run under a common roof.

IMHO the question should not be about which versions/systems of R oo to use,
but how
they integrate with each other, what is the cost of an overall upgrade, whether
all this is
really necessary. More than pragmatism, a moral suasion.

hth

--
Daniele Medri