https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2024-January/083120.html

You should probably start by going through all of that thread, but the bottom line is that:

 * R is in fact very accessible to people with a wide range of challenges
* unfortunately you are very unlikely to be able to get such a report, unless someone volunteers to do one, as R is a volunteer-run project (and the developers are generally more interested in maintaining and improving the software than satisfying bureaucrats)

  A google search

https://www.google.com/search?q=R+CRAN+VPAT

suggests that VPATs are available for various third-party extensions/packaging of R (Oracle R, RStudio desktop).

This article is old, but if someone in your IT department read it, hopefully they would agree to download the software: https://journal.r-project.org/archive/2013-1/godfrey.pdf

On 2024-02-15 12:23 p.m., Zachary Benner wrote:
To Whom It May Concern,
My name is Zach Benner and I am the Accessibility (A.D.A.-Americans with
Disabilities Act) Coordinator here at University of Maine at Machias.  I am
reaching out on the behalf of our science professors here at UMM. The
professor is looking to utilize your software to implement within his
courses however, due to possible accessibility concerns our IT department
will not download the software onto school computers unless we have a copy
of a VPAT or Accessibility Conformance Information Report. I was wondering
if I could obtain this information to provide to the IT department?
Thank you for your time on this matter and I look forward to hearing from
you soon. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Sincerely,
Zach Benner
Accessibility Coordinator & Student Success Liaison
University of Maine Machias
Office: 229A  Torrey Hall
116 O'Brien Ave
Machias, ME, 04654
Office Number: 207-255-1228

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail and any attachments...{{dropped:12}}