Hello
On the other hand, i find that R_compact_intrange checks whether (r = n2 -
n1 + 1) >= R_XLEN_T_MAX,  while seq_colon checks for (r = fabs(n2 - n1)) >=
R_XLEN_T_MAX. And only then n is defined as r + 1 + epsilon. r is not used
again
That is why seq_colon does not reject that size at first and then altrep
does.
Should not line 101  be  " if (r + 1 + FLT_EPSILON >= R_XLEN_T_MAX) "
instead of r >= R_XLEN_T_MAX?

--
®DV!