Some additional suggestions:

If you install/update packages, the output can be viewed in the
Console application. Is that really the place where we want it ?

update.packages() without argument can be used from the RAqua
console, but maybe the GUI should have an update.all
button

Quit from the menu requires you to respond to a question in
the RAqua console. It would be more intuitive if Quit from the
menu brought up a dialog window asking if you wanted
to save the workspace.

More inserted below,