You should read the readme.txt file which says that you have to install the libreadline with the provided .pkg archive that comes with RAqua.dmg.
stefano

On Giovedì, dic 11, 2003, at 16:39 Europe/Rome, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I've installed R 1.8.1 on OSX 10.3 (Panther) using the RAqua.pkg and
all indications were that the installation was successful.  However,
after double clicking the R icon in the Applications folder, nothing
appears to happen.  The following message appears on the console:

Mac OS X Version 10.3 (Build 7B85)
2003-12-11 08:45:31 -0500
prefs written
dyld: /Applications/StartR.app/RAqua.app/Contents/MacOS/RAqua can't
open library: /usr/local/lib/libreadline.4.3.dylib  (No such file or
directory, errno = 2)

When I check /usr/local/ there is no 'lib' folder, only the 'bin' folder. I checked the FAQ's and the bug reports and this problem was reported by at least one other person (bug report id 5529) but no solution has been put forward that I could find.

Do the other packages that come with the download (e.g.,
j_libreadlne.pkg, j_tcltk.pkg, j_libxml2.pkg) need to be installed?
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks for your help,
Brian

-- ********************************************************************* Brian Beckage Department of Botany University of Vermont Marsh Life Science Building Burlington, VT 05405