On Thu, 12 May 2005 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On 12-May-05 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
This is already addressed in R-patched: we do ask you to check
before filing a bug report so as not to waste our time.
 (It was also discussed on R-help: see the archives.)

It is a bug *in Windows* and not one in R: nothing an application
can do should be that fatal (and this is a perfectly legitimate
Windows GDI call).  I trust that you will file a bug report in the
correct place.

From the CHANGES file:

The support for mitred lines encountered a Windows problem with a dramatic slowdown if more than 1000 or so segments were plotted in a polyline. We now plot in bunches of 1000, which is less accurate but works around the Windows problem.

Clearly a neccessary change, even though it is less accurate. But does this change apply only to Windows compilations (i.e. conditional compilation), or will we all have to put up with it?

It applies only to the windows() device (including win.metafile etc).

--
Brian D. Ripley,                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]