On 15 May 2005 at 12:37, Uwe Ligges wrote:
| Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
| > For example, today's Windows patched release (2005-05-14) has
| > the capability of changing the time zone within R on Windows
| > via Sys.putenv(TZ="GMT") but prior patched versions do not have this.
| > Is there some way of ensuring that the 2005-05-14 or later release is used
| > if on Windows only?
|

| No.

Indirectly, though, as you can check in .First.lib.

But as Uwe notes, the "versioned Depends" (as we call that in Debian) does
not exist for CRAN packages or R itself.

Dirk

--
An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he
predicted yesterday didn't happen today.  --  Laurence J. Peter