Hi,

I am trying to run some simple tktcl code....

## in a file called test.R
require(tcltk)
tt <- tktoplevel()
OK.but <- tkbutton(tt,text="OK",command=function()tkdestroy(tt))
tkgrid(OK.but)
tkfocus(tt)

Using a batch file with the command

Rterm < test.R > testOutput.Rout --slave

The GUI pops up but then disappears. The results in the test.Output.Routfile are

> # Load the tcltk package
> require(tcltk)
[1] TRUE

> # Create a new toplevel window
> tt <- tktoplevel()
>
> # Create a button whose function (command) is to destroy the window
> OK.but <- tkbutton(tt,text="OK",command=function()tkdestroy(tt))
>
> # Place the button on the window, using the grid manager.
> tkgrid(OK.but)
<Tcl>
> tkfocus(tt)
<Tcl>

Does anyone know how to make the GUI stay open?

Kind regards,

Sam