Hello everybody,

I would like to use the SpDep-package (especially the Local Moran index
analysis and the Getis-Ord statistics) in R for analysing my data. However,
I don't have x-y coordinates, but my data is in a distance matrix format. Is
it possible to use the SpDep package with predefined distances as well
instead of letting the program determining the distance itself by the
function dnearneigh based on x-y coordinates. Or is there another package
that can transform a distance matrix into "fake" x-y coordinates, so that
the SpDep-package can work with it?

Thank you very much for your answer.

Kind regards,

Elke Moons

__________________________________

Elke Moons, PhD

Transportation Research Institute/

Instituut voor Mobiliteit (IMOB)

Universiteit Hasselt

Wetenschapspark 5, bus 6

3590 Diepenbeek

Belgium

Tel. +32-11- 26.91.26

Fax. +32-11-26.91.99

E-mail:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]