Hi

I am having a bit of difficulty with changing the canvas size on a
trellis/lattice plot. I am plotting two "cubes" of 3-dimensional random
numbers, as follows:

library(gsl)
library(lattice)
q <- qrng_alloc(type="sobol", 3)
npoints <- 200
rs <- qrng_get(q,npoints)

# Plot the normal variates in a 3-dim cube
p1 <- cloud(rnorm(npoints) ~ rnorm(npoints) + rnorm(npoints), xlab="x",
ylab="y",
zlab="z", pch=21, main=paste(npoints,"3-Dimensional ~N(0,1)"))
p2 <- cloud(rs[,1] ~ rs[,2] + rs[,3], xlab="x", ylab="y",
zlab="z", pch=21, main=paste(npoints,"3-Dimensional Sobol"))
print(p1, split=c(1,1,2,1), more=TRUE)
print(p2, split=c(2,1,2,1))

This plots fine, however the canvas size is much too large - there is a
large amount of whitespace above and below the cloud plots. I have tried
fiddling with the margins, e.g.

trellis.par.set(layout.heights =
list(top.padding = -20,
main.key.padding = 1,
key.axis.padding = 0,
axis.xlab.padding = 0,
xlab.key.padding = 0,
key.sub.padding = 0,
bottom.padding = -20))

But this just moves the figure and legend around inside a fixed-size canvas.
Does anybody know how I can set the base height and width of a lattice plot?

Cheers
Rory