Two things I think are some of the best developments in statistics and
production are the lattice package and the beamer class for presentation in
Latex. One thing I have not become very good at is properly sizing my visuals
to look good in a presentation.

For instance, I have the following code that creates a nice plot (sorry, cannot
provide reproducible data).

bwplot(testedgrade~person_measure|gender + ethnicity, pfile, layout=c(2,5),
main = 'Distribution of Person Measure by Grade\n Conditional on Gender and
Ethnicity (Math)',
                xlab = 'Grade')

Now inside my latex document using the beamer class for presentation I have the
following

\begin{frame}
\frametitle{Distribution of Person Parameters by Grade Conditional on Gender
and Ethnicity}
\begin{figure}[htb]
\centering
\fbox{\includegraphics[scale=.3]{personGenEthn.pdf}}
\end{figure}
\end{frame}

I use the scale argument here. I do this totally randomly. I first start with
scale=.5. Then, I create the document and look at it. If it seems to fit, I
keep it. If it's too big, I resize it until it looks good. There must certainly
be a much better way to size these for specific use with latex presentations.

Any thoughts?

Harold