There is a Fedora mailing list for R which might be better, but some suggestions:

On 30/06/10 20:18, Carlo Tambuatco wrote:
I did a standard install of R on Fedora 13 using yum as root, which I
assumed installed both the base packages and the devel packages needed
If you want the developer packages, install them especially R-devel which should pull in most of the tools you need

you install R-devel

[...]

install.packages("Rcmdr", dependencies=TRUE) as root, within R

Please don't do that (run as root, it is). R will happily install in you own area, and I set

export R_LIBS=$HOME/R

in my ~/.bash_profile and install everything there.

[...]
  error: unable to load shared library '/usr/lib/R/library/tcltk/libs/
tcltk.so':
Do you have tcl installed?

yum install tcl tcl-devel

  /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1: undefined symbol: FT_Select_Size
You also need

yum install fontconfig-devel

Hope this gets you a little further

Allan