Manussawee,

What type of object is series? We could help you better if we could
reproduce exactly what you are trying to do, which requires more information
(you made a good start by including data and code, though).

The output of diff is a vector (time series, ...) with length one less than
the input. embed(..., 2) also returns an object with length one less than
the input. This is why you noticed that series.d had a different length than
series (shorter by exactly 2, I bet).

You should be able to figure out what you want to do from there. Since I
don't know how you want the dates to line up, I can't really help you
anymore from here.

Jonathan