On Wed, 7 Jul 2010, Michael Kubovy wrote:

Dear Achim and Michael,

Thank you so much. Indeed, mosaic(Titanic, gp = shading_hcl, gp_args = list(lty = 1:2, c = 0)) does almost what I was looking for, except that for consistency and clarity, I would have expected the negative values on the legend to be be outlined with lty = 2.

In the continuous legend, that is employed by default (legend_resbased), it is visually not very compelling to show line types as well. But you can set legend = legend_fixed which displays this information (but is less intuitive concerning the interval ranges).

Best,

Michael