Kingsford Jones wrote:
On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 8:59 AM, Michael Friendly <frien...@yorku.ca> wrote:
No one replied to my second question: how to get standard errors or
confidence intervals for the
estimated fixed effects from lme().    AFAICS, intervals() only gives CIs
for coefficients.

Assuming you mean 'predictions based on the estimated fixed effects'
rather than 'estimated fixed effects', for one solution have a look at
Ben Bolker's r-sig-mixed-models FAQ, about 2/3 of the way down:
http://glmm.wikidot.com/faq

Googling "lme prediction intervals" turns up quite a bit.  Here's a
recent conversation:
<http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.r.lme4.devel/3291>

hope it helps,

Kingsford Jones

Thanks, Kingsford. Exactly what I was looking for, both for code and explanations of alternatives.

--
Michael Friendly Email: friendly AT yorku DOT ca Professor, Psychology Dept.
York University      Voice: 416 736-5115 x66249 Fax: 416 736-5814