Good afternoon,

I have been experiencing a lot of crashes working with large vectors in R.

Specifically, I am using XTS of length of minimum 120k elements.

My problem is that I cannot display the vector (otherwise R crashes), I
cannot plot it either (otherwise R crashes). That could be solved by
reducing the amount of points.

However, I have been performing some statistical opreations on is and even
sd(myXTS) crashes R.

By "crashes", I mean shuts down without any warning whatsoever.

I use R 2.11.1 (64).

Has anyone had the same kind of problem?

Can we solve this?

Best,

--
Jeremie