From: Federico Andreis <federico.andr...@gmail.com>
To: Rainer M Krug <r.m.k...@gmail.com>

Sent: Fri, July 23, 2010 3:46:08 PM
Subject: Re: [R] Syntax Highlightning and Editor for Linux

I have been trying emacs with ess, Kate, plain gedit..nothing really satisfied
me..
[[elided Yahoo spam]]

it supports split screen with R terminal window (you can also personalize
colour
if, like me, do like to
stick with old habits :) ), moreover gedit has a brackets completion and a
brackets highlight plugin which are very useful.

check it out here

http://www.stattler.com/article/using-gedit-or-rgedit-r

simple "send code to terminal" shortcuts (much simpler than emacs, in my
[[elided Yahoo spam]]

/federico