Dear list members,

I have a question concerning multiple comparisons after using glm.

My response variable is days until emergence of an insect species. The
explanatory variables are sex (two levels), parasitoids added (two levels) and
populations (34 levels). I would like to know now  which populations are
different in days until insect emergence.

For this I used multiple comparisons as followed:

model<-glm( daysuntilemergence ~ sex + parasitoidsadded +  population,
quasipoisson )

glht(model, linfct = mcp(population = "Tukey"))
summary (glht(model, linfct = mcp(population = "Tukey")) )

I am not sure now if the obtained p-values  are for differences in days until
emergence for the bean populations or if also the other factors : "sex "and
"parasitoidsadded" are taken into account?

Thank you for answering!

Isabelle Zaugg, PhD Student
University of Fribourg
Department of Biology