Suppose

x <- array(c(1,1,1,1,2,2,2,2), dim = c(2,2,2))

y <- c(5, 10)

Now I would like to multiply x[, , 1] with y[1] and x[, , 2] with y[2].

Possible solution is a for-loop:

for (i in 1:2) {

x[, , i] * y[i]

}

Another possible solution is this construction:

as.vector(t(replicate(nrow(x) * ncol(x), y))) * x

I find that these two solutions have a relatively large computation time (on
larger arrays) and I suspect there should be solution with less computation
time. Is there a faster method to perform this calculation (thus to multiply
the depth of an array with respective vector elements)?

Best regards,

Maurits Aben