If you just want to visualize the effect on one variable on the response from
some different models then you might try Predict.Plot from the TeachingDemos
package.  It takes a little tweaking to get it to work with cph objects, but
here is a basic example (partly stolen from the help page for cph):

library(rms)
library(TeachingDemos)

     set.seed(731)
     age <- 50 + 12*rnorm(n)
     label(age) <- "Age"
     sex <- factor(sample(c('Male','Female'), n,
                   rep=TRUE, prob=c(.6, .4)))
     cens <- 15*runif(n)
     h <- .02*exp(.04*(age-50)+.8*(sex=='Female'))
     dt <- -log(runif(n))/h
     label(dt) <- 'Follow-up Time'
     e <- ifelse(dt <= cens,1,0)
     dt <- pmin(dt, cens)
     units(dt) <- "Year"

tmp.df <- data.frame(dt=dt, e=e, age=age, sex=sex)
f <- cph(Surv(dt,e) ~ rcs(age,4) + sex, data=tmp.df )
f$data <- tmp.df
Predict.Plot(f, 'age', age=50, sex='Male', type='lp',
        plot.args=list(col='blue',ylim=c(-1,2)))
Predict.Plot(f, 'age', age=50, sex='Female', type='lp', add=TRUE,
        plot.args=list(col='red'))

What that all means depends on the things mentioned in the other replies.  Hope
this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center