I'm using R 2.11.1 on Win XP (32-bit) with 3 GB of RAM. My data has
(only) 16.0 MB.

I want to create a VCorpus object using the Corpus function in the tm
package but I'm running into Memory allocation issues: "Error: cannot
allocate vector of size 372 Kb".

My data is stored in a csv file which I've imported with "read.csv" and
then used the following to create the Corpus (but it failed with the
error message above)

txt <- Corpus(DataframeSource(txt))

I've even tried to subset ~ 10% of my data but I run into the same
error. What is a the best way to solve this memory problem other than
increasing a
physical RAM?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Leo.

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive
any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this
e-mail or the information
it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized.
If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or
otherwise) immediately.

Ce courriel peut contenir des renseignements protégés et confidentiels.
L’expéditeur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s’y rapportent.
Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce courriel ou des renseignements
qu’il contient
par une personne autre que le destinataire désigné est interdite.
Si vous recevez ce courriel par erreur, veuillez m’en aviser immédiatement,
par retour de courriel ou par un autre moyen.