Hi all,

Has anyone tried to plot math symbols with vis.gam() - a function that uses
(I think) plot.gam() internally? This is from the package mgcv - I am new to
gam().

For example, with the normal plot(), the expression() works fine for Math
symbols:

plot(xx, ylab=expression(paste(Delta,"H",sep=""))) # works fine

But, with vis.gam(), the same ylab=expression(paste(Delta,"H",sep="")) does
not plot the symbols - in stead it is 'paste(Delta,"H",sep="")'.

Do I have an alternative way of specifying the expression() to vis.gam()? Am
I not doing this correctly?

Thanks,
Parthiban.