Hi:

One option to search for functions in R is to download the sos package:

library(sos)
findFn('Anderson-Darling')

On my system (Win 7), it found 51 matches. The two likeliest packages are
nortest and ADGofTest. To answer your question, nortest still exists on
CRAN. I can't comment on Ubuntu, but it's possible you may have to install
it manually from the gzip sources. I'm sure that others with hands-on Ubuntu
experience can provide a more complete answer.

HTH,
Dennis