On Sep 5, 2010, at 6:06 AM, st...@wittongilbert.free-online.co.uk wrote:

David Winsemius wrote:

1. is glm the right thing to use before I waste my time

Yes, but if your outcome variable is binomial then the family argument should be .... "binomial". (And if you thought it should be poisson, then why below did you use gaussian???
Used gaussian below because it was the example from the docs. Thats not my data, its example data which was not binomial.

and 2. how do I interpret the result!

Result? What result? I do see any description of your data, nor any code.
I didn't provide MY DATA because I thought that would complicate things even further. So I was hoping for some advice on how to interpret the result of the example data so that I could then apply that to my data. I haven't even tried to run my data as I couldn't see what the output of the examples was trying to tell me.

I didn't think that providing commentary on ols regression results was going to be that germane to setting up and running logistic regression. Why haven't you tried a Google search for tutorials. When I did that I found:

http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/r/dae/logit.htm

Surely there are others.

--
David Winsemius, MD