Hello everyone.

I would like to simulate a small map area and store information regarding it.
I am trying to find out what might be the best way to do that and I need some
feedback, as you might be more experienced.

Usually a map can be described by a k * m dimensions matrix where every cell
can
store one value(eg. number) that expresses something for that area.

In my map I would like to store different data with different resolution
requirements. For example for type A the resolution might be 10*10 meters while
for type B data the resolution might be OK for 1*1 kilometers.

How do you usually design any map? What is the procedure that you usually
follow?

I would like to thank you in advance for your feedback.

Best Regards
Alex