Sorry,  I was too vague in my initial question. To make it clearer I
included the following example:

tmp <- data.frame(y=runif(10), x=gl(2,5), class=gl(2,5))
p <- ggplot(data = tmp)
p <- p + geom_point(aes(y=y, x=x))
p <- p + facet_wrap(~ class, scales = "free")
p <- p + ylim(0, 1)

This code draws two facets each having 5 points.  As explained before,
I would like to
control y-range of both facet plots. For clarity, say that ylim = c(0,
0.5) for the facet "1"
and ylim = c(0.5, 3) for the facet "2". How should I do it?

As a quick hack I could, eliminate outliers for both facets, i.e.
write lines

tmp <- cbind(subset(tmp, class == 1 & y <= 0.5), subset(tmp, class ==
2 & y >= 0.5))

before plotting but this would work only for simple geometrics. For
geom_boxplot
it would skew the distribution.

Swen Laur