Hi all,

I know from googling that this is a common problem; I've just tried what I
understand to be the common solutions to know avail -- maybe I'm just
confused.

 I installed Miktex 2.8 -- it seems to be working fine.

I'm using this demo document: http://www.stat.berkeley.edu/~houston/demo.Rnw

I've copied the Sweave.sty file into at this point multiple places on the
Miktex path, including folders where I can see that it is looking for, and
successfully finding, sty files (e.g. Miktex 2.8/tex/latex/base).   I also
went to the Miktex settings application and clicked Refresh FNDB and Update
formats.

Still I get this error when I try to run pdfLaTeX on the demo.tex file:
!LaTeX Error: File 'Sweave.sty' not found.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!