Hi:

It seems to me that num1 is a nested factor within ESHKOL_tert. With that in
mind, I redefined the two terms to be factors and redid Josh's plot as
follows:

dat3 <- dat2
dat3 <- transform(dat3, num1 = factor(num1), ESHKOL_tert =
factor(ESHKOL_tert))
ggplot(data = dat3, aes(x = value, y = num1)) +
    geom_point() +
    facet_grid(ESHKOL_tert ~ ., scales = "free")

This yields a different appearance, showing that most of the num1 levels are
in ESHKOL_tert 2, but the concept is the same. I like how ggplot2 'knows'
about the nesting relationship. To see this, go into the original data frame
dat and type

with(dat, table(num1, ESHKOL_tert))

If you find that the values on the y-axis overlap each other, add (+) the
following line to your ggplot() code:

opts(axis.text.y = theme_text(size = 7))

If it's too large, lower the number, and vice versa.

HTH,
Dennis