Hi,

I'm just learning to write R extensions in C and to embed R in C.

I was trying to get through the example in the help page on calling the .dll
directly (
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-exts.html#Calling-R_002edll-directly
).

When I compile I consistently get the error that getDLLVersion() as well as
get_R_HOME() and getRUser() are undefined references.

These are defined in Rembedded.h ln60 as:
extern char *getDLLVersion(void), *getRUser(void), *get_R_HOME(void);

I included Rembedded.h from the example.

I searched the entire R directory for the string getDLLVersion and only
found it in Rembedded.h and the help documentation (for the .dll directly
example).

Am I missing some key file or just not understanding how these functions
work?  I'm just learning C so this may be a very basic question.  If anyone
could point me to a good reference on this it would be very helpful.

Technical Notes:
OS: win7 32bit
Compiler: mingw32
R: 2.11.1