On Wed, 6 Oct 2010, Peter Langfelder wrote:

you should close files that you do not use anymore. the maximum number
of open files is likely 4000 or so. Use close(file) before you open
the next one.

He/she said he did that, and as the limit on open connections is 128, that cannot be the sole cause.

Without even the 'at a mimimum information' requested in the posting guide let alone a reproducible example it is not possible to know the cause. But most OSes have utilities available to trace the opening/closing of files. (We weren't told but this looks like Windows -- there I have used the monitors from sysinternals, now part of Microsoft.)

And BTW, the subject line omitted the associated warning which gives the underlying OS-level error -- that would have been a much better choice of subject.

Peter