Dear all,

I write to you because there seems to be something I'm just not 'getting' in
the way R lets you construct a new package. Google and this mailing list's
archive don't seem to have the answer to my specific case so I signed up and
mailed the question myself.

So I've written this function that I wan't to make a package out of. Here is
what I've done so far:

1) I've used "package.skeleton(MyFunction)" on it  (with no futher
arguments) to create the package.
2) I edited the DESCRIPTION file and the manual page in the man folder
according to the specifications in the R tutorial
3) I opened a command window to run the commands "Rcmd build" and "Rcmd
check" on my package  (my OS is windows Vista)
4) I corrected the warnings and errors given in the log file and repeated
step3 until there were no more warnings
5) I started the RGui (version 2.10.1) to check if the package was working.
I used the menu option "Install packages from local zip file'

This is were the problem occured. Namely, when trying to install my package
from local zip file, I get the error message:
> utils:::menuInstallLocal()
Error in gzfile(file, "r") : cannot open the connection
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In unzip(zipname, exdir = dest) : error 1 in extracting from zip file
2: In gzfile(file, "r") :
  cannot open compressed file 'pggui_2.1.tar.gz/DESCRIPTION', probable
reason 'No such file or directory'

By checking the file manually, I can confirm that the DESCRIPTION file is in
fact in the right location,  that it's content has the correct structure as
dictated by the R tutorial, and that the file has all the right permissions
granted.

What could it be, and how can I find the answer to this problem?

My thanks in advance,
Mipam Bruining