Dear all,
I am exploring the possibilities for automated classification of my
data. I have successfully used KNN, but was thinking about looking at
SVM (which I did nto use before).
I have a pairwise distance matrix of training observations which are
classified in set classes, and a distance matrix of new observations to
the  training ones.
Is it possible to use distance matrices for SVM, and if yes, which
package would do so (e1071 ? ).
I have little experience with SVM, and I had the impression that it is
a/ usually used with data taht have observations in terms of a number of
variables (hence, not pariwise distances);
b/ it is not well suited for large multidimensional spaces (I have a
distance matrix of 200*200 observations, a part of this could be used as
training data, but still, we are looking at say 50 distances per
observation).

Thanks
Martin