If Dennis' interpretation of your request is correct then Harrell rms/ Hmisc packages provide a mechanism for restricting plotting of contours to the region within a perimeter. He has a perimeter function and the bplot function takes a perim argument. The reason I did not offer it earlier is two fold: a) no test code offered and b) that I thought you wanted contours projected on a somewhat more complex 3D surface, i.e. a tilted plane. I have seen Sarkar illustrate projections of contours on one of the sides of a "box". See Figure 13.7 at:

http://lmdvr.r-forge.r-project.org/figures/figures.html

It does appear that his panel.3d.contour on that page may offer the tools for construction of your objective.

Also:
?panel.cloud  # which has documentation for panel.3dwire

--
David