Hi,
You need to update your packages (and maybe upgrade R at the same time).
See the FAQ for Windows 2.8 to know how to do it correctly.
Ivan

Le 10/25/2010 10:14, Rosario Garcia Gil a écrit :
Dear colleges,
I would like to use the lmList function. I have installed the lme4 library but
when I try to use the lmList function I get this error message.

Error: could not find function "lmList"

Here you can see what kind of messages I am getting when installing lme4
package. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks
Rosario

install.packages()
--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
Warning: dependency 'Matrix' is not available
trying URL
'http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/lang/CRAN/bin/windows/contrib/2.9/lme4_0.999375-32.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 992275 bytes (969 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 969 Kb

package 'lme4' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

The downloaded packages are in
         C:\Documents and Settings\mroga\Local
Settings\Temp\RtmpuExQmQ\downloaded_packages
updating HTML package descriptions
?lmList
No documentation for 'lmList' in specified packages and libraries:
you could try '??lmList'
library(lme4)
Error: package 'Matrix' 0.999375-30 was found, but>= 0.999375.31 is required by
'lme4'
In addition: Warning message:
package 'lme4' was built under R version 2.9.2

Ivan CALANDRA
PhD Student
University of Hamburg
Biozentrum Grindel und Zoologisches Museum
Abt. Säugetiere
Martin-Luther-King-Platz 3
D-20146 Hamburg, GERMANY
+49(0)40 42838 6231