I'm importing a lot of text tables of data (from Latent Gold) that includes
hashes in some of the column names ("Cluster#1", "Cluster#2", etc.).  Is
there an easy way to strip the offending hashes out before pushing the text
into a table or data frame?  I thought I'd use gsub, e.g., but can't figure
out how to read in a text file without reading it into a table or data frame
(which would be ill structured, given the hashes).  I could do it in another
scripting language or shell script, but would like to try to do it in R.