Hello everyone,
I am trying to understand how plot axis and rect might work together

I would like to plot some values on a plot with x(0,100) and y(0,100) i want to
see all the values from 0,1,2,3,4,5,.....100 written in the x and y axis.

 At the same time I want some grid  to easily see when y and x values cross.

Finally I want to paint red two of the cells created by this grid.

I am trying some time now to do all these three work together. I found the
functions axis grid rect and plot.. but I am not sure how to make all them work
together. It seems that plots internally calls grid and axis but not sure.

Could you please shed some light on this?

I would like to thank you in advance for your help

Regards
Alex