Hi folks

I have inherited a package which was created before release 2.10 and I
need to have it working in release 2.12

There is a folder containing the Man, Data and R subfolders, and the
description
file, and there is also the corresponding zip file.

I can install the package from the zip file, but when I try to load it  I
get the message :-
        Error: package   was built before R 2.10.0: please re-install it

If I try to rebuild the zip file using
        C:\Program Files\R\R-2.12.0\bin\R.exe CMD build my.library.folder

I get pages and pages of warnings and error messages, many of which seem
to  refer
to the Man folder.

Having never built a formal package before, I'm a bit  stuck for what to
do next ...

Presumably the expected structure of the folders has changed but the
documentation
on packages looks scary - can anyone suggest the best way forward - even
if
its only RTFM !

        thanks          Bob Kinley