On Nov 11, 2010, at 4:16 AM, Ravi Kulkarni wrote:

Hello Forum,
 I have data for two groups of subjects for a ratio variable (cortisol
level) assessed three times during the day (at 0600, 0900 and 2100 hours).
So I have three means for each group. I have been asked to do a "slope
analysis" to compare the two groups.
According to my understanding, this means that I regress the three means on the time for each group and compare the slopes using a t-test (there is a
post on this: Etienne Toffin etoffin at ulb.ac.be
Tue Jan 27 20:08:36 CET 2009).
My question: (if what I said is correct) it seems strange to me that we calculate a regression line with just three data points - is this really
what is meant by a "slope analysis"?

Doubtful. What was probably meant was to do a regression with an interaction model based on the original data. Sounds like either you or your supervisor need some consulting resources.

--
David.

 Any help most appreciated...

 Ravi