Hi John, thank you for that input.
It could be that the code I wrote here:
http://www.r-statistics.com/2010/04/changing-your-r-upgrading-strategy-and-the-r-code-to-do-it-on-windows/

Should be updated so every time you install a new R version, you run the
code for it to:
1) copy all packages from the old R version to the new R version library
2) update all the packages.

But I have no clue how to do step 1.
How do you find out the latest R version that was install previous to the
current one?
And then, how would you find where it's package library is?
If you could do this in R, then installing a new version of R could be made
simpler for you.

Cheers,
Tal

Contact me: tal.gal...@gmail.com |  972-52-7275845