Morris Anglin wrote:
I have R version 2.9.1 on my computer and the anlaysis is not working because I need to update to R version 2.12.0 the latest release. The person incharge of IT tried to download R version 2.12.0 but .exe file referenced in install isn't there - What might we be doing wrong? We have downloaded as tar.gz, uncompress then look for .exe file but not present.

(It's a good idea to state your OS.)
Anyway, assuming that you got your download from your favourite
CRAN repository, you may have missed these two sentences:

"The sources have to be compiled before you can use them. If you do not know what this means, you probably do not want to do it!"

Pre-compiled versions are available at CRAN.

  -Peter Ehlers

Many thanks,

Morris

Morris A. Anglin
Doctoral candidate
Institute of Health and Society
Newcastle University
Baddiley-Clark Building Richardson Road
NE2 4AX
UK

Direct line at Newcastle University:
+44 (0)191 222 8899
Direct line at Freeman Hospital: Tel: +44 (0) 191 233 6161 ext 26727
Mobile: +44 (0)07976206103
Email:morris.ang...@ncl.ac.uk
Email:morris.ang...@nuth.nhs.uk
http://www.ncl.ac.uk/ihs/postgrad/research/studentprofile.htm

To me, diversity is more complicated than rituals, food, clothing, etc. ...or race,
language, and class, etc. To me, diversity needs to include divergent viewpoints,
divergent interpretations, and divergent perspectives. Thus, diversity needs to
include giving power and sanctioned space for divergent voices, even if this means
disagreeing".