On 11-01-05 3:17 AM, Hein wrote:

Hi

I am very new to R.  I used to work in S-Plus a lot but that was years ago.
I wrote a large number of functions that I now want to view and edit in R.
I know I have to tell R where the functions are but I have no idea how.  The
functions are stored on my laptop's c-drive.  I tried everything I could
find e.g. library(myfilepath), source(myfilepath) etc. but nothing seems to
work.

Hein

Save their source as text, and source that. R can't read the binary S-Plus objects for recent S-Plus versions.

Since R and S-Plus are not identical, you may need some modifications to the functions to get them to work in R: so test carefully.

Duncan Murdoch