Thanks to Brian & David!  For some reason, I'd thought to use "{", but
not "(".  I guess I can chalk that up to a slow brain.  Interestingly (and I
didn't bother to figure out why), the "{" didn't work for me.  But I tried a
few cases, and "(" always seems to work, so far.

                              Regards,
                                       Mike

"Telescopes and bathyscaphes and sonar probes of Scottish lakes,
Tacoma Narrows bridge collapse explained with abstract phase-space maps,
Some x-ray slides, a music score, Minard's Napoleanic war:
The most exciting frontier is charting what's already here."
  -- xkcd

--
Help protect Wikipedia. Donate now:
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Support_Wikipedia/en