I have a data set with several thousand observations across time, grouped by
subject (example format below)

ID              TIME    OBS
001             2200    23
001             2400    11
001             3200    10
001             4500    22
003             3900    45
003             5605    32
005             1800    56
005             1900    34
005             2300    23

I would like to identify the first time for each subject, and then subtract
this value from each subsequent time.  However, the number of observations per
subject varies widely (from 1 to 20), and the intervals between times varies
widely.   Is there a package that can help do this, or a loop that can be set
up to evaluate ID, then calculate the values?  The outcome I would like is
presented below.
ID              TIME    OBS
001             0               23
001             200             11