On Sun, 16 Jan 2011, Peter Ehlers wrote:

Adelchi,

Since % is the LaTeX comment character, you may want to
try escaping it.

As package 'base' does at
https://svn.r-project.org/R/trunk/src/library/base/man/matmult.Rd

Peter Ehlers

On 2011-01-16 02:35, Adelchi Azzalini wrote:
[Hope this is the right list where to send...]

Either R-devel or this -- I would probably send questions about preparing packages to R-devel as you are more likely to catch the attention of active developers there.

An attempt to update package 'mnormt' involves the addition of a
small new function called 'pd.solve'.  When I come to the package
checking stage, an error occurs in parsing  pd.solve.Rd.
The full transcript of the outcome is copied below (it includes details
on my installation) but the critical point is where the \examples{}
section includes a %*%. The relevant portion of the source file is

\examples{
    x<- toeplitz(rev(1:4))
    x.inv<- pd.solve(x)
    print(x.inv %*% x)
    logDet<- attr(x.inv, "log.det")
    print(abs(logDet - determinant(x, logarithm=TRUE)$modulus))
}

which leads to the message

   ### ** Examples

  >    x<- toeplitz(rev(1:4))
  >    x.inv<- pd.solve(x)
  >    print(x.inv
+   logDet<- attr(x.inv, "log.det")
Error: unexpected symbol in:
"  print(x.inv
    logDet"

When I install the package, it works, except that the documentation
portion looks like:

Examples
x<- toeplitz(rev(1:4))
x.inv<- pd.solve(x)
print(x.inv
logDet<- attr(x.inv, "log.det")
print(abs(logDet - determinant(x, logarithm=TRUE)$modulus))

It seems that the examples are parsed as ordinary text, not R commands.
I am really puzzled. Any explanation?

Adelchi Azzalini

Brian D. Ripley,                  rip...@stats.ox.ac.uk